Assistant Director and Career Coach, Career Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of theoretical knowledge of higher education issues such as student development, career counseling and the unique needs of non-traditional and students across a wide range of developmental stages, or a broad understanding of careers typically pursued by business students and early career professionals and an in-depth understanding of the college recruiting process.
- Ability to interact with corporate recruiters to facilitate the successful recruitment of students.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills. This person must possess the ability to communicate as well as develop and maintain relationships with students from a wide variety of social, ethnic and economic backgrounds. In addition, the Assistant Director will interact with corporate representatives ranging from CEOs to new graduate business hires.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to independently prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set goals and enforce deadlines, while maintaining the flexibility to re-assess and prioritize goals.
- Analytical, critical thinking and reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to market and evaluate programs, maintain accurate and detailed records, work independently with little direct supervision, and lead and/or participate on multiple team projects.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft software: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Required to attend events, meetings and travel solo and with groups of students, at various locations both on and off campus. Also, will visit employers and alumni throughout the United States and possibly internationally. These tasks typically require the use of rental cars in cities around the United States.
- Must be able to work with a high level of independence, perform under pressure, plan ahead by anticipating problems and forecasting outcomes, and deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure. Must possess the professional presence and self-confidence to work with a wide range of students including undergraduate students, mature graduate students, alumni of the College and senior executives of corporations.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of professional business experience focused on accountancy, product marketing and development, consulting, or finance.
- Overall experience should include at least three years of professional experience in a role with a recruiting or professional mentoring component
Please note, this position also requires a valid driver's license with the ability to be insured under the University's Insurance Policy
- Master's degree with a preference for Business Administration.
- At least 3 years of prior experience in a higher education and/or graduate management career services role, or a similar level of professional experience with recruiting or executive search.
- Experience with recruiting software programs.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in database management/development.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting.
- Experience in academic program planning/development.
- Active memberships in professional organizations and experience working and consulting with diverse populations.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 11, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.