Assistant Director, Employer Relations
Employer Management and Engagement:
- Act as a primary point of contact for inbound inquiries from employers, staff, faculty, alumni relations and the DU Career Center regarding recruiting processes and opportunities for the college. Cultivate and strengthen employer relationships by connecting employers to Daniels and the university to support and fulfill their recruiting strategies.
- Provide in-office leadership to develop, implement and successfully execute an employer/recruiter enhanced engagement strategy.
- Lead management of the Colleges career technology platform, ensuring that job opportunities are posted and promoted.
- Perform database analysis of existing employers and identify outreach opportunities to drive enhanced engagement.
- Lead the development of student-facing resources in collaboration with the Office of Communication and Marketing to provide innovative and forward-thinking branding and promotional opportunities that improve employer engagement, job postings, and student attendance at events.
- Manage and provide operational support for career fair activities.
Administrative & Team Management:
- Act as the day-to-day lead for the Employer Relations team in service to the students and alumni of the College.
- Manage the operational activities of the team to ensure consistently high quality services and access to those services, and develop operating processes, promotional support and reporting metrics reflecting stakeholder engagement, satisfaction and student employment outcomes.
- Manage work assignments and schedules ensuring effective on-campus employer meetings, panels, information sessions, and other activities with appropriate departments, faculty and student groups.
- Coordinate team management with Executive Director to support achievement of team and individual goals and professional development.
Stakeholder and Community Engagement:
- Participate in various local organizations and initiatives to increase connection to employment opportunities for Daniels College students and alumni.
- Collaborate and assist with cross-functional service units in the college including Student Services, Graduate Admissions, External Relations, Office of Communications and Marketing, Executive Education and Experiential Education.
- Support and attend all on-campus recruiting events to further build relationships and expand recruiting strategies with employers currently engaged with the college.
- Support and drive success of student outreach, provide guidance to advisors, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Employees are held accountable for all functions of this position.
Direct the work of other full-time and part-time Employer Relations staff, graduate assistants and student workers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of professional business experience focused on business development, account management, or combination of business and higher education experience in both external-facing and staff supervisory roles.
- Overall experience should include at least three years of professional experience in a role with a recruiting or professional mentoring component.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platform.
- Experience with higher education career service software (12Twenty, Symplicity, Handshake)
- 2 years of prior experience in a higher education and/or graduate management career services role, or a similar level of professional experience with recruiting or executive search.
- Experience with on-campus recruiting software programs.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in database management/development.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting.
- Experience in academic program planning/development.
- Experience working and consulting with diverse populations.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 11, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.