Assistant Men''''''''s and Women''''''''s Water Polo Coach
Job no: 496181
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Assistant Men's and Women's Water Polo Coach will work within the University's Department of Athletics and Recreation. Bucknell is a highly selective, privately endowed comprehensive university of 3,400 students that is a member of the NCAA Division I (FCS in Football) and the Patriot League for 23 of 27 varsity sports. The University is located in Lewisburg on a 450-acre campus in central Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River Valley. New York City, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Philadelphia are each within a 3 ½ hour drive from Lewisburg.
The Assistant Men's Water Polo Coach will provide experience and expertise that contributes to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
1. Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Manage assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach, and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group 5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
6. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance, and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate, and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Represent the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
3. Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 03 Dec 2018 Eastern Standard Time