Senior Program Associate, Institute for Writing & Thinking (IWT)
The Senior Program Associate plays a key role in the administrative oversight of IWT programming, with a primary focus on the August Language & Thinking (L&T) Program for students. The Program Associate works closely with the Director of IWT and the Language & Thinking Program Director to oversee and plan all logistical preparations of the August program—from housing, faculty travel, space and other scheduling, to preparing materials (anthology preparation), etc.—to ensure the smooth running of the program. During the August program, the Program Associate offers programming and faculty support with the assistance of an L&T Assistant and two student workers.
During the off-season of the L&T program, the Program Associate is responsible for maintaining L&T program records, archives, and is responsible for the websites of both the L&T Program and the Institute for Writing & Thinking. She/he organizes and oversees marketing and publications for both IWT and the L&T Program; and assists the L&T Program Director with network activities, as well as assists the IWT Business Coordinator with annual IWT programs in the fall and early spring.
The Senior Program Associate would also be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching writing based workshops for the Institute for Writing and Thinking. The position might also on occasion require international travel.
- Assists in the smooth running of the Language & Thinking program & is the primary liaison in the L&T program office with various Bard offices to ensure housing, space, A/V, transportation and all other program logistical needs are planned in a timely fashion.
- Maintains L&T Program database and listserve.
- Submits all requisitions for payments pertaining to purchases, L&T Faculty stipends, rostrum honorariums, faculty travel and related expenses, & program expenses.
- With the L&T Director prepares the annual program report.
- Oversees IWT publications schedules and assists with the creation of promotional materials for IWT conferences and workshops as required and is primary liaison with Bard publications office to ensure the timely production of marketing materials.
- Disseminates email announcements as required for L&T and IWT.
- Assists with the arrangement of events & catering for IWT where required.
- Maintains student and assistant payroll for L&T program.
- Maintains & updates both L&T and IWT’s website & directory listings.
- Schedules building maintenance, completes work orders (as required).
- In conjunction with IWT Business Coordinator maintains office supplies & equipment, including copier, and assists with in-house office management as needed.
- Active presence for all L&T & IWT Bard programming (schedule depending)—conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Teach and develop curriculum for writing-based workshops in the Institute for Writing and Thinking for high school and college instructors.
- Assist the Director of Language and Thinking in representing the program to other colleges and universities in the United States and internationally.
- Background in the humanities or social sciences preferred.
- Experience teaching at high school or college level in a writing-related field also preferred.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign, Word Press, Wikispaces, Twitter, Vimeo, Social Media, etc.
- 3-4 years administrative experience at program level.
- Experienced in providing technical support to program faculty and staff.
- Office management and oversight of program staff.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/58464.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.