Part-Time Administrative Assistant II
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Child Health Associate / Physician Assistant Program (CHA/PA)
Administrative Assistant II
Position #211854 - Requisition 15269
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Child Health Associate / Physician Assistant Program has an opening for a PART-TIME State Classified Administrative Assistant II position. This part-time position will be expected to work 24 hours per week.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The mission of the Child Health Associate / Physician Assistant Program is to provide comprehensive physician assistant education in primary medical care with additional training in pediatrics and the need for service to disadvantaged, at risk and medically underserved populations. Approximately 132 students are enrolled in the 36 month curriculum. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant Practice (ARC-PA). Graduating students qualify to take the national board exams from the National Commission on Physician Assistant Certification (NCCPA), and subsequently apply for state licensure.
This part-time state classified Administrative Assistant II position provides administrative services to the faculty, students, and applicants, as well as to the Director of Admissions and Program Systems and the Business Services Professional. This position executes various administrative and clerical tasks related to admissions, including utilizing the online application system database to manage application documents, as well as provide logistical support on interview days. Financial functions include purchase requisitions, purchase orders, travel voucher processing, and allocating A-card charges. This position also supports the Didactic Team by assisting with course material compilation and retention.
Additional responsibilities include providing direct assistance to Program Faculty which may include: reserving classroom space, photocopying, and proctoring tests. This position also manages the front desk which includes answering phones, greeting visitors, managing mail, triaging and troubleshooting student and faculty concerns related to physical space; maintaining student files, tracking and ordering office supplies, and making desk copies.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assists with the admissions process, including the utilization of the national application system database and providing logistical support on interview days.
- Uploads supplemental applications, assigns applicant files for review, and matriculates students in application system database.
- Monitor matriculated students' information in CU SIS and correct/update as appropriate.
- Assists with operational preparation for interview days by ordering food and assisting with overall logistics.
- Gift card procurement following University policies and guidelines including detailed Custody, Security and Audit Logs.
- Creates, processes, dispatches and receives purchase requisitions and purchase orders, utilizing the CU Marketplace system, in a timely and accurate manner, and according to university guidelines; ensures that all proper documentation (e.g., sole source justification) is provided.
- Reallocates A-card charges, in a timely and accurate manner for all faculty and staff.
- Prepares and processes seminar/recruitment-associated travel vouchers, expense vouchers, official function forms and honoraria payments, in a timely manner and according to university guidelines.
General Office Support:
- First point of contact for visitors and students.
- Manages the front desk which includes: answering phones, greeting visitors, managing mail, triaging and troubleshooting student and faculty concerns related to physical space, maintaining student files, tracking and ordering office supplies, and making desk copies.
- Maintains accreditation course files and posts job opportunities on the website.
- Processes graduation verifications and reserves classroom space.
- Submits work orders and contacts housekeeping as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $1,703 - $2,050 / month
Note: This is a part-time .6 FTE position that will work 24 hours per week.
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
This permanent part-time position is eligible for benefits.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of
Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions please contact Jessica Martella at [email protected])
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Work experience is calculated and pro-rated on a 40 hour/week basis.
Your resume MUST include the following information in your work experience for each employer:
• Job title
• Months and years employed
• Average hours worked per week
- Two years of general clerical experience that included working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Colorado law requires that candidates must be a Colorado resident at time of application.
Substitutions: Appropriate education will substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience providing administrative support in an academic or healthcare environment.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience working with financial processes and following policies and guidelines.
- Customer Service - Demonstrates a professional demeanor and commitment to excellent customer service, providing internal and external customers with information or assistance in resolving problems.
- Communication Skills - Expresses information and ideas clearly and accurately; speaks clearly, responding well to questions; participates in meetings; creates written correspondence and reports that are clear and easy to follow.
- Technical Skills - Adept at utilizing technology to effectively communicate and complete work (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Attention to Detail - Work is accurate and requires little or no checking; maintains a checklist, schedule, calendar, etc to ensure that small details are not overlooked.
- Planning and Organizing - Sets priorities, anticipates obstacles when planning ahead, manages time effectively to accomplish tasks.
- Interpersonal Skills - Builds and maintains effective working relationships; interacts with people in a friendly, open, honest manner; models a commitment to teamwork; demonstrates respect for the opinions of others.
- Confidentiality - Uses discretion and tact when interacting with others and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Adaptability - Adapts quickly to change and is able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a calm, organized manner; is open to new ideas and methods; is able to take direction as well as take initiative and work independently.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to read, understand, and interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Special Instructions to Applicants: Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements. Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Describe qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application responses, cover letter, and/or resume. This information, along with previous work experience, will be used to assess competencies. Responses will be verified against your resume and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. To view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions, visit: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants IMPORTANT: Your resume MUST include the following key information for each previous employer: 1. Job Title, 2. Duties, 3. Months and Years Employed, 4. Average Hours Worked per Week. Experience will be calculated and pro-ra
Special Instructions to Applicants Section 2: For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on interview question responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Application Materials Instructions: APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until December 14, 2018 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. IMPORTANT: Your resume MUST include the following key information for each previous employer: 1. Job Title, 2. Duties, 3. Months and Years Employed, 4. Average Hours Worked per Week. Experience will be calculated and pro-rated based on a 40 hour work week. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20878 - SOM-PEDS CHAP-GenOps
Posting Date: Dec 3, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cristin Russell
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00211854