ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
JOB NO.: 96327-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Management/Supervisory, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96327-AS
Working Title: Assistant Director of Professional Learning
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 01, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
MA in Education; Specialization in Bilingual Education and/or Ph.D. preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Experience conducting research in multilingual settings using qualitative or quantitative methods.
* Strong knowledge of the field of Spanish and English language development research.
* Experience conducting professional learning presentations in Spanish and English.
* Strong collaborative leadership skills.
* Bilingual/biliterate in academic Spanish and English.
* Teaching experience in preK-12 bilingual education settings (3 years minimum); bilingual endorsement/certification preferred.
* Experience advocating for Spanish/English bilingualism and biliteracy.
* Experience supervising a team.
* Familiarity with the WIDA English Language Development (ELD) and/or Spanish Language Development (SLD) standards.
* Experience with the WIDA assessment delivery system.
License or certificate:
WIDA, an organization within the University of Wisconsin-Madison Wisconsin Center for Education Research, is a national leader in the development of preK-12 English Language Development standards and assessments. The organization is also committed to bilingual development which currently includes preK-12 Spanish Language Development (SLD) Standards and professional learning opportunities. WIDA is seeking a strong leader to join the Professional Learning leadership team who is committed to supporting educators of multilingual learners through research-driven professional learning programs and services. The position is located at our offices in Madison, WI with travel expectations averaging two trips per month.
Given the scope of work for this role, it is required that the selected candidate live in or relocate to the Madison area. Visit https://madison.wisc.edu/ for more information on what Madison has to offer.
WIDA has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself and as a valuable means for success in the field of education. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Diep Nguyen, current resume and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 16 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 13 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time