WISCARD PROGRAM TECHNICAL SUPPORT
JOB NO.: 96382-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: WU/A&M/CAMPUS CRD
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96382-AS
Working Title: Wiscard Program Technical Support
Official Title: SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32DN) or ASSOC SYSTEMS PRGRMMR(T32FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 05, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Degree not required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
*2-3 years of technical experience supporting Windows operating systems and hardware environment required.
*1-2 years of preferred experience desired working with point-of-sale, ID card production software, and/or declining balance and meal plan software experience in a college/university environment.
* Preferred experience with:
Windows 7, 8, 10 and Windows Server operating systems
Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database
License or certificate:
This position is responsible for supporting the UW-Madison enterprise point-of-sale, debit card and transaction systems. These applications support multiple campus departments and process over 8 million transactions and $30 million in sales annually. This position also supports the campus ID application used to produce the University ID card (Wiscard) that is issued to over 80,000 students, faculty, staff and affiliates.
Duties of this position include providing technical and administrative support for applications, coordination of system maintenance and upgrades, and providing end-user training and support. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting to help maintain compliance with payment card industry data security standards.
Knowledge and skills:
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to communicate with both technical staff as well as less technical end users of the systems.
- Ability to work well with people and maintain a professional and service-oriented relationship with customers and co-workers.
- Some knowledge of content management software (ie WordPress).
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems for both desktops and server environments.
- Understanding of point-of-sale systems.
- Understanding of transaction system software that supports declining balance accounts and board plans in a university environment.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage work.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Ability to lift 65 pounds on an occasional basis.
Instructions to applicants:
Applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume through Jobs at UW website, www.jobs.wisc.edu, by the consideration date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 3 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 31 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time