Assists in the implementation and monitoring of short and long term financial and budgetary forecasting models and funding plans to support fiscal and capital development. Performs data collection, monitors revenue and spending. Analyzes variances and assists in the preparation of regular and special reports. Monitors and maintains budget data for position management within HR and budget systems. Performs routine audits to validate financial system budget data agrees with position budget data.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget for the university, including budget workbooks for revenue-generating units, revenue projections and allocations, analyzing SAS reports of budgetary data for discrepancies, input of position salary updates, and preparation of the data imports and exports to and from the PeopleSoft Budget Prep module.
- Assists in the preparation and review of KSU’s 5-year business plans for 16 auxiliary units. This involves assisting in the coordination with business managers and department leaders of these units, as well as detailed analysis of revenue and expenditure.
- Assists in the Elective Fee submission for the Board of Regents, including detailed analysis of miscellaneous fee revenue and expenditures throughout the year. This includes assisting in the analysis of each fee to ensure compliance with BOR policy, and recommends increases/decreases to fee amounts as appropriate.
- Tracks and analyzes expenditures of university utilities, telecom, staff benefits, lease payments, and IT maintenance.
- Tracks and analyzes the institutional unassigned contingency budget for budget director review and usage in the one-time funding process.
- Assists in the preparation and review of KSU’s mandatory fee submission for the BOR. This involves coordination with the business managers and department leaders of these units, as well as detailed analysis of revenue and expenditure detail. This also involves developing and maintaining a waiver analysis to determine impact on revenue.
- Analyzes and assists in the updates of budgets for revenue-generating units, including auxiliary, mandatory fees, departmental sales and services, and miscellaneous fees.
- Utilizes and develops analytical reports using SAS to monitor financial performance and budgets of various university departments, as well as assisting internal staff members in developing analytical reports to monitor their departmental budgets.
- Researches and resolves inquiries from business managers and department leaders, and various detailed budget and financial analysis projects as required.
- Assists with budget amendment analysis and budget error resolution.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Finance or related field with two (2) year experience, or High School Diploma/GED with six (6) years relavant experience.