Basic Life Research Scientist
Basic Life Research Scientist
Job Number: 81359
The Department of Medicine, Divisions of Immunology & Rheumatology and Blood & Marrow Transplantation is seeking a Basic Life Research Scientist. The candidate will perform Immune Monitoring studies of blood samples of patients enrolled in our clinical trials of combined kidney and hematopoietic cell transplantation. The studies involve research on the changes in the phenotype of innate and adaptive immune cells, as well as the changes in immune function and gene expression of these cells that occur at serial time points after the transplantation procedure. In addition, he/she will be involved in the processing and analysis of cells from deceased donor vertebral body bone marrow and spleen. The candidate will plan and perform experiments in support of research projects in the Meyer lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory. The candidate will manage the general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. Help orient and train new staff or students. In addition, he/she will also perform assays for immune monitoring of clinical trial patients including flow cytometry and Luminex.
- Interpret and perform analyses of results.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and related research.
- Offer suggestions regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in collaboration with graduate post-doctoral individuals.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- PHD, MD, or other advanced degree required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- PhD-level understanding of scientific principles.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Experience with scientific writing.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency