Associate Project Manager
Associate Project Manager
Job Number: 81347
Financial Management Services Project Manager
Job Family: Project Management
Job Series Project Management Specialist - General
Job Code: 2392 Grade: H Exemption: Exempt, Fixed-Term
Stanford's Financial Management Services:
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and also one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career.
Financial Management Services (FMS) is a unit of the Business Affairs Office consisting of five primary organizations: Controller's Office, Treasurer's Office, Purchasing & Payment Services, Global Operations, and Financial Management Consulting and Support. FMS works with other Business Affairs units to provide integrated financial, technical, and business services for the benefit of the Stanford Community. The Financial Management Services (FMS) organization is led by the Sr. Associate Vice President for Finance and is charged with leading and managing the financial and management accounting activities for the University.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Strategic Initiatives and Program Management team under FMS for a one-year fixed term position, with vast opportunity for growth and expansion. The Project Manager will manage activities of assigned projects from project initiation through completion, coordinate all business activities and support the technical activities on assigned projects. May work on more than one project simultaneously.
Your responsibilities include:
- Creating and reviewing project plans and proposals and working with management to develop project objectives.
- Creating, monitoring, and tracking project milestones while providing regular status updates to project stakeholders and sponsors.
- Creating presentations for project meetings.
- Managing all aspects of a project life-cycle, defining processes, deliverables, timelines, risks and mitigation solutions.
- Implementing and managing change when necessary to meet project deliverables.
- Evaluating and assessing results of project.
- Developing communication plans and change management elements, leading meetings and reporting on risks to appropriate stakeholders.
- Proposing recommendations to project delivery and resolving conflicts.
- Compiling/ reviewing project documentations/ deliverables as and when needed.
- Traveling locally and cross-university and may work extended hours.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience in project management
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to influence diverse audiences, including senior leadership
- Exhibit resilience, problem-solving solutions and results-driven capabilities
- Experience with project management tools
- Creating, monitoring, and tracking project milestones while providing regular status updates
- Ability to productively contribute to cross-functional teams
- Good understanding and exposure to the procurement and/or financial management subject area
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Experience in an academic setting
- Subject matter expertise in the procure to pay process
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency