College Resource Specialist – Preble County
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of College Resource Specialist – Preble County (PT). The College Resource Specialist position involves primarily afternoon operational office organization at the Preble County Campus, although some evening hours may be required to meet office coverage needs.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Answer phone calls and transfer calls to appropriate offices
- Serve as first point of contact for walk-in clients
- Provide information to clients about the college, its programs, admissions procedures, financial aid procedures, and community referrals as needed
- Administer and/or supervise placement testing and other internal/external proctored tests
- Register students; collect, and receipt fees
- Provide reports of daily receipting to the business office
- Maintain communication with vendors for services provided to the campus; work with appropriate persons/vendors to maintain facilities and equipment in good working condition
- Process student forms; applications, info updates, name/address changes, etc.
- Assist with New Student Orientations, CC+ and Traditional, as needed
- Manage room scheduling for classes and rental to outside parties
- Provide supervision and maintain control over on-site student records via paper files and SharePoint to ensure confidentiality
- Communicate problems, concerns, and issues of students, faculty, and staff to the Vice President of Regional Campuses
- Act as liaison with IT client services to ensure that instructors have the information services support needed for instruction
- Work as needed with external service agencies to provide student support
- Promote the College's programs and activities by providing exceptional internal and external customer service
- In absence of other administrative staff, supervise student workers during assigned work hours
- Provide support and assistance to VP of Regional Campuses, Success Advisors, Enrollment Managers, and Faculty as requested
- Provide basic cleaning on an as needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Computer literacy
- Functional understanding of programs offered by the college and admissions requirements for those requiring competitive admission
- Understanding of the role of academic advising in student retention and achieving degree completion
- Proficiency in college administrative software
- Proficiency with education technology
- Customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team member
- Ability to work in a high-traffic environment with minimal frustration
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative/responsibility to improve organization
Three or more years of educational-institution related experience or experience at comparable level of responsibility.
Required Educational Background:
Associate Degree preferred; a degree in Office Systems Administration, Social Services, or Human Resource Management preferred.
Self-motivated and willing to take initiative/responsibility to improve organization; Prior experience with Datatel Colleague software preferred but not required. Some evening and weekends may be required.
This position is 20 hours per week, 11:00 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Thursday beginning January 2, 2019. Supplemental Information:
Supervises following staff: