Wager Lab PRA_Spatial Topology
Areas of Intereset: Research
Functional Areas: Research Institutes and Labs
Department: Institute of Cognitive Science
Requisition Number: 13033
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Professional Research Assistant position open in the Wager CANLAB for neuroscience study.
Who We Are
Wager CANLAB (Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab) at the Institute of Cognitive Science within the University of Colorado Boulder investigates the brain pathways that underlie the generation and regulation of pain and emotion. The common thread linking these lines of research is the study of relationships between brain processes, affective responses, and physiology using interventions and outcomes relevant to overall health. Our lab is also engaged in collaborative, translational research incorporating brain systems-level analyses into the study of clinical disorders, including PTSD, depression, schizophrenia, and chronic pain.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Plan and conduct functional brain imaging analyses (fMRI) and data pre-processing for NIH-funded studies on the neuroscience of emotion and advanced neuroimaging methodology.
- Present results at international conferences, as well as assistance in preparation and submission of scientific publications.
What We Can Offer
Commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or related field.
What You Will Need
- Be creative, organized, and attentive to detail.
- Interest in the neuroscience of emotion and pain, human brain imaging and biomarkers for translational applications to health care.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with specific software (Matlab, Python) and models (state-space and dynamic systems models) is preferred.
- Experience with fMRI studies, data collection and analysis.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Degree: The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (Non-Confidential)
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Posting Contact Name: Jean Bowen
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer