University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Department of Otolaryngology
University of Colorado Health Highlands Ranch Hospital
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking two (2) full-time Audiologists for its new Otolaryngology & Audiology practice at the University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) Highlands Ranch Hospital. The qualified candidate will be appointed to the rank of Instructor within the department. As an active member of the Otolaryngology team, the candidate will work closely with ENT physicians in the outpatient setting. This is a unique opportunity to develop and grow a new off-campus site of practice for a successful academic audiology program. This positions will be focused on adult diagnostics, adult amplification, and cochlear implants.
- Work with specialized otolaryngologists in an outpatient setting to treat patients with a specific focus on adult amplification and cochlear implants.
- Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team including physicians, physician assistants, audiology technicians, and support staff, and coordinate care with providers within and outside of the University setting as needed.
- Educate and counsel patients, family and /or caregivers regarding treatment recommendations.
- Complete patient care documentation as required, including forms for third-party reimbursement, etc.
- If applicable, actively participate in research protocols, study development, and manuscript production.
- Provide administrative support and thorough follow-up to ensure orderly, effective, and superior patient care. This may include the development and implementation of educational materials or protocols for staff and patients.
- Assist in the education of students, residents, nurses, and medical assistants in the field of Audiology.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- AuD or PhD in Audiology from an accredited institution of education.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado license.
The successful candidate must possess the following competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Willing and able to evaluate and treat patients in a collaborative clinical model working in parallel with otolaryngologists
- Outstanding communication skills
- At least three years of clinical experience in a medical setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3 professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 12/31/2018. Those who do not apply by 12/31/2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20264 - SOM-Otolaryngology
Posting Date: Dec 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Estelle Brock
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756586