CL Psychologist - Assistant Professor
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
CL Psychologist - Assistant Professor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs.
Serves as faculty attending on University of Colorado Hospital Clinical Services.
Contributes as part of the UCH Psychiatry multidisciplinary inpatient psychiatry consultation team including:
- Provide Behavioral Health Services for inpatients at University of Colorado Hospital, for example brief psychotherapies, adjustment to illness, trauma informed approaches, safety evaluations, diagnostic workups, capacity evaluations.
- Assist with unit/patient/staff relational dynamics and provide recommendations to help in cases with disordered dynamics or difficult patient interactions, including the creation and implementation of behavioral care plans
- Develop educational programming
- Participation in hospital and departmental committees
- Participation in quality review activities
- Contribute to research mission of UCH Psychiatric Clinical Services
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching and mentoring of trainees.
- Provide supervision to trainees and participate in didactics for trainees as appropriate
- Actively Contributes in Academic Advancement of his/her discipline
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, both academically and through applied skills
- Maintains eligibility for SOM faculty appointment
Specific Additional Responsibilities or Duties
Participates as needed in telepsychiatry as this service line develops
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- PhD in Clinical or Clinical Health Psychology from a regionally accredited university with an APA-accredited clinical psychology training program with a focus in health psychology
- Minimum one year internship at an APA-accredited psychology internship training program
- Postdoctoral fellowship or postdoctoral training in clinical health psychology or equivalent work experience in a related specialty
- Full, unrestricted license to practice psychology in the State of Colorado or able to be licensed as a psychologist in Colorado within 6 months of employment
- Evidence of credentialing by the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology OR evidence of eligibility for credentialing at UCH
- Board certification in health psychology
- Ability to create training site for psychologists
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15268
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21323 - SOM-PSYCH-OTHR CLIN SVS-GEN OP
Posting Date: Dec 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alison Heru, MD
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756593