Education Program Coordinator - Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation
Education Program Coordinator (Academic Services Senior Professional)
Position #731649- CU Careers Requisition #15280
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Nature of Work:
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Education Program Coordinator (Academic Services Senior Professional) position. This role supports the ongoing interests of the Fellowship Education Program and the Section's full and part-time faculty members. This includes recruitment of fellows, orientation, tracking of requirements, and evaluation of fellows, faculty and program components. This position is also responsible overseeing restricted funds associated with the fellowship program and identifying funding sources for incoming fellows, in collaboration with the Fellowship Program Director and Section Business Manager. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating and managing resident, medical student and other trainee rotations by working closely and communication with students, faculty and other coordinators. Functions of this position will also include: managing Fellowship recruitment process, onboarding, paperwork; faculty interview coordination; student/resident/fellowship program quality improvement projects; student/resident/fellow/faculty and program evaluations; database and record management; manages program operations budget; funding management; supply purchase; insurance management and reimbursement; coordination of program accreditation activities; meeting/calendar coordination and all other duties and tasks as required and/or assigned.
- Manages all aspects of the annual Fellowship recruitment process, including the administration of ERAS and NRMP, applicant interviews and resident/fellow selection.
- On-boards new fellows, visiting residents, observers, researchers, as well as manages paperwork associated with exiting fellows and rotations for students, residents, fellows and PAs.
- Collects and organizes information on applicants from the national resident applicant database, Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Coordinates faculty interviewers, space, meals, transportation and other needs for prospective residents.
- Assists the Program Directors and faculty in planning, developing, and implementing student/residency/fellowship program quality improvement projects through meeting coordination, document preparation, and tracking.
- Maintains, collates, and updates trainee evaluations, duty hours, and attendance through MedHub or other electronic data collection system.
- Works closely with the Program Directors to review and manage duty hours and reporting issues or concerns to the program directors and fellow.
- Completes evaluation reports and ensures reporting and completion compliance.
- Responsible for the dissemination, management and completion of student/resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations via Medhub to include initiation, tracking, follow-up reminders, and review.
- Updates and manages the MedHub System (GME Residency Management System).
- Records training site/time distribution in MedHub for each resident/fellow for Intern Resident Information System (IRIS) reporting to CMS and HRSA.
- Collates and assembles data for periodic performance reviews of fellows and other trainees.
- Edits and updates the Program Manual, Program Agreements, and interfaces with other programs to schedule rotations for fellows and other trainees.
- Works closely with the fellowship director, section head, fellows and administrative support staff to establish and disseminate annual rotation, clinic and call schedules.
- Assures completion of evaluations of faculty by learners and of learners by faculty.
- Contacts the fellows and appropriate faculty every month to fill out incomplete evaluations.
- Maintains individual fellow files both in hard copy and electronic form, including educational and scholarly output, 360° evaluations, email communications, and certifications.
- Manages and updates paper and electronic fellowship personnel files.
- Manages program operations budget and reimbursements to residents, fellows, and faculty.
- Completes Resident Charge Sheets (RCS) accurately reflecting appropriate funding sources, submits reimbursement and travel reimbursement requests through EPSi (CHCO) or Concur depending on the funding source. Manages fellowship restricted fund (CHCO) and book fund (UCD).
- Assures accuracy of travel documentation; monitors and tracks budgetary items and purchase request.
- Oversees supply purchases for the department, including general office supplies and educational materials.
- Assist in fellowship reimbursements for moonlighting, conferences, exams, and other covered expenses.
Program Coordination & Support:
- Coordinates accreditation activities including LCME and ACGME Site Visits, and annual program reviews. Accreditation preparation activities include: working closely with program director, section head and faculty members on document review and preparation; compiling program-specific statistical information and benchmark data; coordinating complex schedules; and accompanying site visitors during the accreditation process.
- Interfaces with ACGME, UCGME, CHCO, section business manager to maintain accreditation requirements, confirm funding sources, credentialing paperwork, etc. as well as notify the Program Director of any perceived lapses in individual fellow and/or program requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Ensures hospital and GME policies and procedures are enforced, and that departmental and program policies and procedures are created and enforced. Works closely with the program directors with annual updates of program-specific documents and fellowship manual.
- Assists the Program Director in scheduling of didactics, curriculum development and other educational programs, as well as develop and maintain curriculum databases.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date informational brochures on the Fellowship, in hard copy and online versions, as appropriate.
- Coordinates meetings: schedule meeting requests and room reservations, prepare printed materials and AV equipment, and take minutes as necessary.
- Attends ACGME, UCGME, Departmental-sponsored meetings for Trainee Program Coordinators to maintain or further develop necessary skills and awareness of new requirements.
- Organizes all residents, medical students, observers, visiting learner's schedules and activities.
- Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, Academic Half Day, Case conferences, etc.) that support the program's curriculum and adhere to ACGME and LCME requirements.
- Updates and maintains AMCOM on-call calendar for fellows.
- Provides guidance to students/residents/fellows on program, hospital and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program by acting as the resident expert on fellowship/GME policies and procedures and providing guidance to students, residents and faculty.
- Maintains various sensitive documents pertaining to accreditation and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees current and new updates of the ACGME and/or LCME requirements and procedures in order to help maintain program compliance and accreditation. This includes logging into Regulatory websites on a regular basis and reviewing/taking action on program updates sent by those entities.
- Reviews and updates departmental web site as needed.
- Manages departmental pagers for Attending, APPs and Fellows.
- Responsible for HemOnc Resource calendar and department telephone directory, as well as other miscellaneous HemOnc information updates.
- Assists with the Department's conference schedule and retreats, which includes the weekly fellow talks and book club, as well as core lectures, etc.
- Assists faculty and fellows with any administrative tasks that are requested.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions, please contact Jessica Martella at [email protected])
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in health administration, business administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 2 years of professional level experience in administration and/or office management in an academic or healthcare setting, including budget management and/or auditing, human resources and/or recruiting experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check.
- 3 or more years of administration and/or office management experience in an academic and/or healthcare setting;
- 3 or more years of direct experience as a fellowship, resident or medical student program assistant/coordinator;
- Experience managing all aspects of Fellowship recruitment process;
- Experience coordinating and managing all aspects of faculty interviews;
- Experience managing electronic recordkeeping, including filing systems and databases;
- Experience working with and interpreting Federal, State and University policies, rules and regulations;
- Experience with fundraising and managing expenses, including expense allocations, compliance with institutional finance policy, management of payment for supplementary work hours and staff.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge Microsoft Suite and ability to learn and adapt to ever changing software applications;
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply regulatory requirements.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Tim Garrington at [email protected] Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by December 17, 2018. Those who do not apply by January 4, 2019may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20877 - SOM-PEDS Hematology-Onc-GenOps
Posting Date: Dec 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tim Garrington
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00731649