Metro Regional Training Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect
Metro Regional Training Coordinator (Business Services Senior Professional)
Position #735207- CU Careers Requisition #14844
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional - Metro Regional Training Coordinator position.
The Kempe Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect serves as the Central Management Organization (CMO) for Colorado's Child Welfare Training System (CWTS). The mission of the CWTS is to provide competency-driven learning opportunities for child welfare professionals by delivering specialized courses for caseworkers, supervisors, case aides, foster parents and other child and family serving personnel. The CWTS is responsible for creating professional development opportunities for initial and ongoing certification through a regionalized structure. The CWTS is committed to responding to the learning needs of county customers by: offering regionalized accessibility to multiple learning structures, maximizing technology, engaging learners in dynamic discussions, utilizing skills-based practice opportunities, appreciating diversity and honoring differences, providing opportunities for county customers to learn the most cutting-edge, evidence-based, best practices in the child welfare field.
The training coordinator will facilitate training, coaching, and technical assistance with county caseworkers, supervisors, and foster parents in a manner that is culturally responsive, leans heavily into adult learning theories, and maximizes technology. The Metro Regional Training Coordinator is responsible for facilitating CWTS courses, including but not necessarily limited to the Fundamentals of Colorado's Child Welfare Casework Practices, in accordance with the CWTS' standards of excellence. This position also provides classroom support (with system set-up and training delivery), interacts with learners, and oversees training logistics (including preparation of training materials and registration).
- Assumes ownership for regional success, including establishing, building and maintaining customer relationships across levels and professional disciplines
- Ensures project representation and responsiveness in a manner that anticipates customer needs and cultivates regional relationships
- Facilitates Regional Training Advisory Committee (RTAC) meetings and ensures the needs of the region are known and communicated with project leadership
- Coordinates all trainings within the region including ensuring comprehensive and timely communication and support with training partners, providers, and participants
- Markets courses and maintains CWTS communications within the assigned region
- Facilitates training evaluation tools and ensures data is effectively and accurately delivered and used as a resource to measure performance and enhance results
- Conducts annual appreciative listening tours and appreciative visits with each county, within designated region
- Conducts CQI review on all project and course materials as needed and communicates recommended changes with project leadership
- Fundamentals facilitation ownership and coordination processes, including training coordination, registration and wait-list management, materials preparation, and learner relationship establishment
- Authors and oversees ongoing development and CQI adaptations for Fundamentals courses, to ensure alignment with current best practices, and most innovative liberating learning methods
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $55,000 to $59,000 and is commensurate with skills, experience, and time at the University of Colorado.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Social Work, Psychology, or other related field
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Two (2) years of direct Child Welfare practice experience within the State of Colorado
- Experience as a training facilitator
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background, sex offender registry and motor vehicle record check
- Must possess a current and valid Colorado Driver's License at time of hire
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation with full vehicle insurance and be willing and able to travel across the state of Colorado for work
- This position is primarily located in Denver, CO, but will require traveling throughout the state, specifically within the Metro Region, at least 30% of the time.
- Experience facilitating learning for multi-level audiences
- Experience strengthening the skills of others within a training environment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience providing coaching services
- Experience assessing, understanding, and responding to the learning needs of county customers, across multiple professional levels
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design, develop, and conduct regional training needs assessments
- Ability to assess, understand and respond to the learning needs of county customers, across professional levels
- Ability to develop a regional course calendar that details learning opportunities available within the region
- Ability to design, develop, and deliver surveys (Survey Monkey) and facilitate focus groups
- Extensive and comprehensive knowledge of Colorado Child Welfare policies, practices, philosophies, and procedures
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Facilitation skills in alignment with adult learning methods
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Kelly Parsons (303)-864-5162, [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20932 - SOM-PEDS Kempe-GenOps
Posting Date: Oct 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kelly Parsons
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00735207