Marketing and Design Assistant
University of Colorado - South Denver
Temporary Marketing and Design Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
Reporting to the marketing lead manager, this position is responsible for assisting with the marketing and communication activities for the University of Colorado South Denver location. Under the direction of the marketing lead manager and director of marketing this position will ensure all marketing assets are up to date, accurate and in brand.
Marketing and Communications
This position reports to the Marketing Lead Manager
No formal supervisory authority
Examples of Work Performed
Monitor and edit digital asset library
Create and edit program fliers utilizing approved templates and
Edit and revise marketing collateral ie: pre-show
Assist with the printing, coordinating and dissemination of facility signage, banners, fliers, collateral, etc. using standard printers
Provide competitive research and analytic support for market and program analysis
Monitors and maintains sponsorship agreements and chamber
Prepares trade show booth for on or off-site and keeps materials
Assist the marketing and sales team with special projects as needed
- Knowledge of marketing principles and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Possess basic design/photo manipulation/layout and presentation development skills using Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office suites.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Prepares, gathers and supports data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of AP style and grammar guidelines
• Self-starter who can work both independently as well as in a team
• Ability to interface with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to follow through on tasks
• 20 (max) / week
• As needed/part-time, temporary
• Studying for, or possessing, a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience executing projects in marketing, advertising, public relations, events promotion or communications field
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite especially Photoshop, InDesign
• Experience with Wordpress or other content management system and HTML
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and
secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in
achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of
employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of
the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon
request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed
to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative
staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,
communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women,
ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of
Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers. Refer
to requisition ID 15255.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers. Refer to requisition ID 15255.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60137 - ADM-VCSD Administration
Posting Date: Dec 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer D'Angelo
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756656