Working Title: Senior Recruiter
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 10-04-2018
The University of Virginia is currently seeking a Senior Recruiter. This is a vital role designed to provide best in class talent recruitment services to support the University of Virginia. This position is responsible for assisting with a variety of recruitment activities. The incumbent identifies and actively builds candidate networks through proactive outreach and works closely with colleagues and HR Business Partners through the full life cycle of recruitment from the creation of the search strategy to contract negotiations to ensure success of recruiting efforts. The Senior Recruiter will create an environment of trust with hiring managers, search chairs, search committees, stakeholders and candidates, while providing a consistent level of service for all candidates and improving time to hire and retention. The incumbent will report to the Senior Director of Talent Recruitment for their assigned function and will not have direct reports.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to -
1. Align services between Executive Support Group, Dual Career Recruitment, and faculty/staff recruitment functions
2. Develop the recruitment practice within HR, across the Talent Recruitment COE and the larger HR organization
3. Serve as primary recruiter for high profile staff and faculty hires
4. Accelerate the pipeline development work across Talent Recruitment
5. Mentor recruiters
6. Partner with Senior Director to create a recruitment focused HR community among the new HR organization, within the Talent Recruitment COE and across the broader organization
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected of all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
Please contact Chris Cunningham for more information, [email protected]
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0624218. Complete an application online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and contact information for three references.
The University of Virginia values diversity in all of its complexity and richness. We are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to provide high level of customer service - Establish credibility and influence key stakeholders
- Apply strong and innovative problem solving and analytical skills to thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress
- Manage projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Display strong organizational skills and attention to detail
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85704