Director of Advancement, College of Nursing
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Advancement
Director of Advancement, College of Nursing
Position #1806 - Requisition 14888
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Director of Advancement position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Office of Advancement is hiring a Director of Advancement for the College of Nursing at the Anschutz Medical Campus. This position will develop a comprehensive fundraising program-including but not limited to major gifts, planned giving, leadership and annual gifts as well as drive the strategies to engage alumni and friends of the College. This position then coordinates, directs, and implements the fundraising and engagement plan.
In addition to executing fundraising activities for priority projects and programs, this position collaborates with Office of Advancement colleagues and leadership of the College of Nursing in soliciting major gifts and implementing creative strategies to engage benefactor prospects in the various activities of the College. Annual giving and planned giving activities are coordinated with support from University of Colorado's central Annual Fund staff.
This position will be part of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Office of Advancement team and will work regularly with the Health Alumni Office as well as the College of Nursing's leadership group to identify and cultivate prospects.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Cultivates existing and new benefactor (individual, corporate, and foundation) relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing benefactor engagement and/or support.
- Builds and manage a portfolio of up to 150 individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Metrics relating to personal contacts, number of proposed gifts, grants, prospect identification and planned giving donations will be set with as mutually agreed upon by director and management.
- Works closely with College faculty and staff; develops strategic fundraising plan and works directly with volunteers to develop and implement fundraising plan in order to meet established goals and objectives.
- Facilitates productive relationships between benefactors and CU administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Works daily to ensure timely, accurate completion of contact reports, benefactor strategies, proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Evaluates new prospects and generates stewardship reports and general correspondence daily to cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represents the Office of Advancement at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
- Guides other engagement strategies incorporating events, volunteer opportunities, communications, and other core advancement to help meet fundraising objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of top level, successful fundraising experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel as required, approximately thirty percent (30%) along the Front Range and ten percent (10%) to twenty-five percent (25%) travel by air.
- Graduate work in related field strongly preferred.
- Experience with major gift ($25k+) solicitation.
- A health care fundraising background with exposure to the medical and/or allied health professions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Expert knowledge of fundraising techniques.
- Expert ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Expert ability to analyze information / situations and solve problems.
- Expert ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Solid ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of current issues facing public universities and interests of healthcare professionals, students, faculty, and alumni.
- Solid ability to recruit and manage activities of volunteers.
- Solid ability to cultivate and solicit donations from individuals at the major gift level.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to navigate a complex academic environment.
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter.
- Personal computer proficiency required, especially as related to Microsoft Office Products: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; donor tracking software. Computer skills may be subject to testing/verification.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Karen Aarestad at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by November 2, 2018. Those who do not apply by November 2nd may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21560 - ADM-EVC Foundation Anschutz
Posting Date: Oct 22, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Karen Aarestad
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00001806