Clinical Research Trainee Licensed RN
Working Title: Clinical Research Trainee Licensed RN
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Cardiovascular Research Center
Posting Date: 12-04-2018
The Robert M. Berne Cardiovascular Research Center seeks multiple Clinical Research Coordinator Trainees (Licensed RN) to perform a wide range of clinical research duties. Incumbent performs analytical, technical, and professional-level work. Incumbent is trained and supervised in the screening and recruitment of subjects for clinical research primarily in cardiology modalities, obtaining informed consent, collection and organization of clinical research data, communication with the IRB and applicable regulatory bodies, interaction with the clinical and research team, and on-going communications with study subjects.
The successful licensed candidate is required to have an Associate's degree or higher and RN licensure. All degrees and licensures must be received prior to start date. Although experience is not required, preference will be given to those with healthcare, clinical, or research-based experience. Applicant must have the ability to work in a complex environment; ability to interact with patients, families, physicians, and ancillary personnel as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel; and the ability to work accurately with attention to detail. Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel) is required.
After one year, the incumbent will be reviewed by CVRC management to assess performance based on an established training plan to determine if eligible to be promoted to a CRC - Licensed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to manage multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
2. Ability to interact with patients, families, physicians, and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel.
3. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
4. Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
5. Ability to follow patient safety regulations.
6. Proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
7. Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices for research.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=86134