Research Projects Coordinator - Civil & Environmental Engineering (105572)
Research Projects Coordinator
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position is located in Rantoul, IL
The Illinois Center for Transportation within the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Research Projects Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Financial Operations Manager, this individual will coordinate and monitor the Illinois Center for Transportation (ICT) research projects relative to the requirements of the Intergovernmental Grant Agreement with IDOT; analyze problems or shortcomings; and recommend solutions. Provide high-level management support and coordinate activities for the ICT Director, faculty and staff to enable efficient performance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews Research Idea/Problem Statement Forms/Workplans submitted by researchers, to ensure compliance with the research objectives, and act as a liaison between IDOT Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs) and Technical Review Panels (TRPs).
- Monitors and coordinates the activities of assigned project TRPs, including participation in technical meetings and preparing and disseminating discussion summaries.
- Actively participates in TAG meetings, prepares technical research discussion summaries and communicates the decisions of each TAG to Pis and the ICT/IDOT Executive Committee, comprised of senior management of both ICT and IDOT.
- Facilitates communications with ICT staff, IDOT and researchers.
- Assists the ICT Director and/or Financial Operations Manager in preparing tables, charts and progress reports for the quarterly ICT newsletter, the annual report, ICT Executive Committee meetings and other presentations.
- Reports project progress to IDOT and the Director of ICT on a monthly basis.
- Prepares RFPs, as needed, with input from TRPs.
- Develops and maintains a database of ICT project performance criteria and accomplishments over time. Develop monthly reports for use by ICT management to evaluate project performance as well as the long-term performance of ICT individual researchers.
- Maintains ICT guidelines and procedures to ensure that ICT fulfills all the requirements of the ICT grant agreement and exceeds its annual objectives.
- Coordination of IT needs with IT department.
- Provide high-level management support, coordinate activities, and act in a decision-making capacity for the ICT Director, faculty and staff to enable efficient performance.
- Handle a variety of sensitive and confidential assignments and projects.
- Travel as needed to attend meetings within the State of Illinois to perform the duties of this position.
- Assist other staff members as directed.
- Assume additional appropriate related research project duties to further the mission of ICT and the department.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or a field related to the position.
- One year of project management experience.
- Two years of experience in research administration in either a university or government environment, ideally at the University of Illinois or Illinois Department of Transportation; Experience with a transportation research program.
- Illinois Certified Research Administrator certification
Successful Candidates will have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel; Ability to handle multiple duties simultaneously and occasionally with strict deadlines.
- Ability to attend routine meetings within the State of Illinois.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Basic technical business writing skills.
The Research Projects Coordinator position is a 100% full-time equivalent (FTE), benefits-eligible Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must be received by December 17, 2018. To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references by December 17, 2018. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Iffat Moin ([email protected]) or 217-300-4706.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Title: Research Projects Coordinator - Civil & Environmental Engineering (105572)
Open Date: 12/03/2018
Close Date: 12/17/2018
Organization Name: Civil and Environmental Eng