Leasing Coordinator - University Housing (104462)
University Housing - Family & Graduate Housing
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University Housing is seeking applications for the Leasing Coordinator position in the Family & Graduate Housing apartment community. The Family & Graduate Housing community includes three University apartment complexes (1120 units), housing approximately 2400 residents from over 70 countries. University Housing supports the diverse needs of their residents which includes domestic and international students and their families, visiting scholars, faculty and staff who call the University apartment community their home.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward this vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all our students.
The Leasing Coordinator is the primary contact for apartment applicants during the year and prior to their arrival on Campus. Major responsibilities include coordinating assignments, resident and guest arrival and departure activities, billing, resident communication, and service delivery within the Family & Graduate Housing apartment community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate occupancy management tasks and service delivery including application, assignment, transfer, renewal and termination processes. Collect and analyze statistical data related to occupancy management.
- Direct supervision of leasing, apartment transfer, and early termination processes and primary contact for leasing information for students, faculty, staff and academic departments.
- Leads the Lease Renewal Project Team, including providing leadership in managing high-level strategic planning tasks, analyzing issues that arise and making recommendations for policy and procedure improvements.
- Effectively utilize housing management system database for application management, and assignments. Troubleshoot problems and work with the technology staff (StarRez Product Manager) to resolve issues.
- Train office staff when housing database system(StarRez), upgrades are implemented.
- Interpret operating policy and process and resolve leasing, policy, and billing disputes with special attention to FERPA guidelines. Exercise complex decision making skills related to appeals and complaints.
- Provide leadership and development of the check-in and check-out processes: evaluate procedures, update related check-in and check-out materials for residents, and provide staff training.
- Administer billing, respond to billing questions, and monitor delinquent accounts.
- Coordinate apartment key inventory: account for all apartment keys, conduct semi-annual key inventory, track returned keys and investigate when keys are not returned in a timely manner.
- Provide applicants and residents with information regarding the University and the community using newsletters, mass emails and other modes of communication.
- Responsible for responding to inquiries in a timely manner to ensure maximum occupancy throughout the year.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities including development and revision of policies and procedures, correspondence, publications, and web site content.
- Respond to rent verification requests and coordinate record retention and disposal.
- Serve as direct point of contact with university departments and for presentations on visitation days. Represent University Housing at various admissions recruiting events and housing fairs throughout the year. Some events are held in the evening or on weekends.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, supervising and evaluating summer student support staff.
- Facilitate or mediate positive interpersonal interaction between staff and provide a model for maintaining a positive work environment.
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and development.
- Participate in setting department objectives and long-range planning
- Serve as the Family & Graduate Housing liaison with other University Housing units and campus departments.
- Serve on committees, as needed, including employee searches, vender review, and safety committees.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree in education, business, communication or a related field.
Required: Two (2) years of professional experience in one of the following areas: education, customer service management/supervision, housing leasing, or a closely related field.
1. Experience using attention to detail with precision in executing administrative tasks.
2. Experience working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
3. Experience working in a higher education student affairs setting.
4. Professional experience with international students and/or graduate students.
5. Communication experience with public speaking, marketing and public relations.
6. Experience with StarRez or other housing management database.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Excellent problem solving skills to address difficult and complex issues.
3. Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet stringent deadlines.
4. Demonstrated proficient technology skills using various types of software.
5. Ability to write reports, operational procedures and standard business correspondence.
6. Ability to work independently and pursue innovative solutions.
7. Ability to effectively resolve conflicts using mediation and conflict management skills.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator (Leasing Coordinator) position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after December 19, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial copy of transcripts or a copy of your diploma is acceptable) by December 19, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at [email protected] with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Title: Leasing Coordinator - University Housing (104462)
Open Date: 12/04/2018
Close Date: 12/19/2018
Organization Name: Family Hsg Admin