College at Frisco - 110010
Is this an internal posting only?
The University of North Texas' New College provides students with learning opportunities outside of the traditional higher education model. New College is an academic college that not only houses the Applied Arts and Sciences Unit but also oversees teaching and learning opportunities outside of Denton.
A major effort is being undertaken to expand UNT's degree offerings and enrollment in Collin County, specifically those offered at New College at Hall Park facility in Frisco, and before too long, at a new satellite campus in Frisco. As a part of that effort, New College is growing its team.
The New College at Frisco at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE/SUPPORT TASKS & DATA REPORTING
* Provides administrative support to Frisco management
* Assists faculty and adjuncts with instructional needs for growing class load scheduled at Frisco
* Disseminates information to Frisco faculty, students, and staff
* Researches administrative issues and/or performs other administrative tasks as assigned
* Reporting, data collection, and analysis, as related to enrollment and other initiatives as assigned
* Assists with events, including schedule coordination, set-up logistics, catering arrangements, and clean up/break-down management
* Responsible for securing the building in evening for close
* Provides room and course scheduling, supplies maintenance, space management, and equipment inventory monitoring
* Generates ePars as directed
* Fosters a culture of innovation by suggesting improvements to processes or procedures and implementing changes as approved
* Represents New College as the initial evening point-of-contact for students, faculty, and visitors; greets, directs, and responds to questions and phone calls
* Monitors and maintains the appearance of the front reception area, break rooms, conference area, and other common areas in the facility
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two or more years of professional experience in higher education.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, transcript and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting