Contact Administrator II (Contact Specialist II)
Contact Administrator II (Contact Specialist II)
Non-Student Help - Hourly
SYS fac Construction - 951000
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional planning and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Planning and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
The System Facilities Design & Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Non-Student Hourly- Contact Administrator II (Contact Specialist II) to join our team. This is administrative work utilizing advanced specialized knowledge and skills in performing varied and difficult contract administration work for design and construction projects. This includes working on contracts, amendments and change orders related to major renovation and new construction projects. An employee in this class operates with a high level of initiative and judgment and is responsible for a variety of critical and complex decisions and administrative services. A high degree of accuracy and attention to details is required. Instructions received are usually general and minimal. Work is performed
under the general supervision of the Director of System Facilities Administration in accordance with established policies and procedures and is subject to review through results achieved as well as periodic
checks and audits.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares construction related contracts, amendments and change order as requested as well as various other external documents.
* Responsible for working directly with Director and OGC to update the contract language for all templates and the Uniform General Conditions and develop new contract documents as needed.
* Auditing change orders for materials and labor on projects not audited by a third party. This includes the review of labor burdens and labor hours; the correct use of markups; and material being used.
* Distributing the Division 01 template and the published Division 00 documents at 100% DD.
* Reviewing all modifications to the Division 01 documents and any additional Division 01 sections submitted by the Design Professional.
* Update Division 01 documents to keep them current with changes in regulations, System policies and campus policies.
* Review of contracts, change orders, amendments, and service/job orders proposals and provide comments on items that do not comply with State mandated requirements.
* Provides contract training and technical support to all members of the OFPC.
* Provides training for selected Lunch and Learn meetings.
* Develop and update processes as needed to aid development and processing of contract documents.
* Works closely with department staff and with other campus units to gather information and resolve contract issues.
* Works with various computer programs to complete required tasks.
* Maintains project database and other departmental records.
* Stays current on state law, regulations and UNT System policy related to contract administration matters.
* Observes safety and security measures appropriate to work performed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in business management, technical writing or closely related field.; five years of
progressively responsible experience in contract management, technical writing or purchasing, preferably with experience related to State of Texas agencies, higher education, construction or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills.
* Considerable knowledge of preparing legal documents.
Ability to perform detailed work accurately and rapidly.
* Ability to read and analyze proposals and develop documents that reflect the key elements of the proposal.
* Knowledge of principles of organization and management.
* Ability to work as part of a team to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Extensive knowledge of State and UNT System purchasing regulations.
* Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM).
* Certified Texas Procurement Manager (CTPM).
* Certified Texas Purchaser (CTP).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting