Job ID: 24774
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 6725
Department: Central Store
Classification: Sr Planner/Estimator/Scheduler
Salary Range: $4,128/month - $7,250/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/benefits/
About the Position
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Sr Planner/Estimator/Scheduler provides primary oversight of Maintenance and Operations work schedules, backlogs, and Preventive Maintenance work. Additionally, this position is responsible for overseeing the Fee-for-Service process, ensuring it is followed and coordinated appropriately for timely chargeback of completed work. This position is also to develop and update a maintenance task cost library for estimating. This position is expected to coordinate efforts with those of Maintenance and Operations Managers, Supervisors, Facility Project Supervisors and the Technology System Specialist to ensure work is scheduled, executed and tracked appropriately in the Computer Maintenance Management Systems (TMA).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the planning and scheduling of M&O staff 30, 60 and 90 day schedule to include skilled trades, at the shop and technician level, coordinating with Facility Project Supervisors to establish Shop and Technician daily schedules.
- Coordinates with Facility Project Supervisors to develop schedules of the various maintenance and service functions with one or more groups or crews of multi-skilled trades.
- Coordinates with Facility Project Supervisors to establish Project Numbers, Work Orders, Estimates, Work Schedules, Permit Applications, and ensures paperwork is processed and approvals are obtained.
- Reviews final Fee-for-Service Costs and reconciles upon completion prior to submitting to FD&O Budget Analyst for final chargeback.
- Oversees and implements a Multi-Year 52 Week Preventive Maintenance program that fulfills the requirements mandated by the CSU and local and state regulatory agencies.
- Works with Managers and Supervisors to develop and prioritize preventive maintenance tasks and schedules.
- Provides reports covering the status of preventive maintenance program.
- In conjunction with University accounting requirements, maintains an appropriate physical asset inventory within FD&O.
- Ensures appropriate estimates of labor and materials are provided for all PM's.
Education and Experience
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college in engineering, architecture, business management, plant management, industrial technology or public administration. Up to four years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis and three years' experience in a staff or supervisory capacity in plant operations administration or the construction industry, including experience in design, plan analysis and estimating for multiple trade projects.
- Equivalent of four-year college degree in Business Management, Facilities Management, or Construction Management, Industrial Technology or Public Administration.
- Previous experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System consisting of work orders, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, deferred maintenance, work scheduling, and contract management is desired.
- Four years journey level experience in one or more building or mechanical craft trades.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of computer software such as CMMS, Spreadsheets (MS Excel), Work Processing (MS Word), Project Management Software (MS Project), and Email.
- Thorough knowledge of building materials, costing procedures and the sequential methods of modern construction practices so that various crafts are brought onto the project at the proper time to assure continuous progress toward completion.
- Knowledge of the time required for performing various segments of construction and maintenance work.
- General knowledge of job design and work sequencing related to construction projects.
- Ability to determine and coordinate staffing, material and equipment needs for multiple jobs and projects.
- General knowledge of budgeting procedures and ability to perform arithmetic calculations as required by the position.
- General knowledge of the requirements for proper maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize technical information and parts lists.
- Ability to ensure accuracy and maintenance of assigned record-keeping systems, and to prepare reports.
- Ability to motivate and lead the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of university personnel.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate for the position.
- Ability to learn a variety of SJSU, CSU and State of California policies and procedures for preventative maintenance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
October 4, 2018
Application Screening begins October 23, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046