Job ID: 24778
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Justice Studies
Classification: Adminsitrative Analyst Specialist, Non- Exempt
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $6,162/month
FLSA status: Non- Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The purpose of the position is primarily to manage all department resources, whether capital, human, tangible or intangible, help the department with student engagement and success, assist with outreach to the Justice Studies community, and provide information and support to the Department Chair and faculty. The Resource Analyst maintains and monitors the department's budget and accounts, manages course scheduling, produces and maintains all HR forms, processes appointments for faculty and staff, and provides administrative and analytical support for day-to-day functions. They are also responsible for planning and developing a wide range of student and department services, supervising office staff, including students, and providing support for faculty initiatives, such as curriculum development, student success, and outreach to alumni and the community. The Resource Analyst must work independently under general supervision, with a proactive mentality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees department purchasing, accounting, and compliance with University guidelines.
- Monitors and reports about accounts, including advising of possible overruns or other problems.
- Assists Department Chair on program planning and recruitment and retention.
- Assists Department Chair to plan course schedules with some decision-making authority, keeps curriculum records, and maintains governance procedures.
- Oversees development of brochures and various advertising materials for department.
- Communicates with students on behalf of the department (e.g., compliance with policies, obtaining add codes, etc.).
- Develops, plans, coordinates, maintains records, and maintains compliance with guidelines for special programs (e.g., Internships, RCP, CSI camp).
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Master's Degree
- Experience managing large, complex budgets, including budget reconciliation
- Excellent Computer skills, including Excel, Word, database software, design software, managing electronic files (including proper filing of all documents), managing corporate social media accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience coordinating and managing an office, including the work of other employees
- Project and event planning and management experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Ability to interpret and apply fiscal policies and procedures, and conduct financial analysis
- Ability to manage social media accounts and create effective messaging
- Ability to monitor computerized accounting records, research, and correct data errors
- Ability to prepare ad hoc reports and work on special projects
- Ability to review processes for logical flow and conformity with best practices to generate and present requests for reform
- Ability to understand interaction between various funds and accounts
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget or accounting operations and systems and budgetary monitoring practices
- General knowledge of office methods, procedures, English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling
- Knowledge of best practices in contemporary accounting
- Must be proficient in PC compatible software programs such as word, excel, power point, and access; ability to create and read spreadsheets; master multiple computer applications serving different purposes
- Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
October 5, 2018
Application Screening begins October 23, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046