Staff Support Assoc I/On-Call/UKHC
The position plays a key role in customer satisfaction for Perioperative Services and
the Institution. The major job function is to provide services to our families and ensure
communication between the physician and the Perioperative Services staff. This
individual has to resolve problems on a daily basis and functions as a patient/family
representative. This job requires multi-tasking responsibilities and problem resolution.
It requires excellent customer service to our families which is essential in marketing
the image and mission of the Institution. Not only does Surgery Waiting host more
than 50,000 visitors a year, the location of the waiting room attracts literally thousands
more searching for unrelated locations at UK HealthCare. Surgery Waiting is often our
first opportunity to interact with patients and visitors and as such plays a major role in
the impression our guests receive.
Staff Support Assoc I/On-Call/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods including data entry; repetitive
motions, and occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10 lbs.
On-Call as needed, All shifts
Receptionist skills, medical terminology, interpersonal skills, phone skills,
keyboarding, filing, and fax machine.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience working in a medical clerical setting, preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have working with patients, doctors, nurses, etc.?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Have you ever worked in a very demanding or high volume clerical setting?
- * Do you have knowledge of medical terminology?
- * Rate your level of computer experience.
- No computer experience
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter