Noah Thomas Leask Endowed Chair in Information Management and Innovation (tenured)
The School of Business at the College of Charleston is seeking a recognized leader to join the faculty as the Noah Thomas Leask Endowed Chair in Information Management and Innovation. This endowed professorship will provide a competitive salary and discretionary funds that can be used for research and professional interactions with the business community. This opportunity is reserved for selected individuals with an outstanding academic record comprising sustained, high-quality and balanced contributions to all three areas of research, teaching, and service. Those achievements should exemplify a high level of scholarship and impact to industry and the community.
The successful candidate must be eligible to hold an appointment as a tenured full professor with a proven record of accomplishment of exemplary achievement in research with consistent contributions in externally funded projects, teaching, and community involvement. Applicants must have a Ph.D. or foreign degree equivalent in Information Management, Business Analytics, Information Systems or a closely related discipline. Candidates must demonstrate having achieved the following in a minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional academic experience:
• A proven record of research publications in leading peer-reviewed MIS journals.
• A consistent record of successfully mentoring and collaborating with faculty and students.
• Demonstrated experience in building industry and community relationships.
• A solid record of program building.
• Teaching experience in diverse topics of information systems/information management or related topics.
• Theoretical and applied successes in data (e.g. analytics/big data, visualization) and/or process (e.g. ERP , process and decision modeling, cloud infrastructure, IoT/IoE) areas of information systems.
The expectations of this position include (but are not limited) to the following:
• Enhance the School of Business Information Management visibility in the student body, Low-Country community and business sector.
• Contribute significantly to undergraduate and graduate instruction, program direction and resource management.
• Maintain and grow robust programs of research and scholarship, as well as service to the institution and external community.
• Demonstrate a strong willingness to play a significant role in the development, growth, and governance of innovative programs.
• Create and maintain new relationships with industry and the community.
• Mentor and collaborate with students and faculty in research.
Position Type Tenure-track
School/Area School of Business
Department Supply Chain and Information Management
Special Instructions to Applicants
Formal applications for the position must be submitted through the College's PeopleAdmin site at http://jobs.cofc.edu. Submit online (a) a letter of application, (b) a recent CV, © a statement of your teaching philosophy, (d) a statement of your research philosophy, (e) statement of business sector outreach (e.g. consulting, prior work experience, etc), (f) examples of scholarly research, (g) evidence of teaching effectiveness (including but not limited to sample syllabi and course evaluations), (h) unofficial graduate transcripts (official transcripts will be required for hiring), and (i) names and contact information for three references who may be contacted later in the search and selection process.
As diamond sponsors of the DSI annual conference in Washington, DC on November 18-20, 2017, we will speak with interested candidates about this position in a private setting. To schedule a meeting with us at the conference, please email Dr. Gioconda Quesada (Co-Chair of the search committee) at [email protected], in addition to submitting a formal application as described above.
To learn more about the College of Charleston and the School of Business, please visit our webpages at www.cofc.edu and www.sb.cofc.edu.
Open Until Filled? Yes
Posting Number F2016071P
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/6651
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- College of Charleston Website
- Post and Courier
- Word of mouth
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Job fair
- LinkedIn (Hiring Our Heroes)
- SC Works (SC Department of Employment and Workforce)
- SC Government Website (Neogov)
- Cover Letter / Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research and Professional Development Statement
- Other Document
- Other Document 3
- Teaching Portfolio
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts