Project Program Specialist
Office of Behavioral Res and Eval
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Office of Behavioral Research & Evaluation (OBRE) contracts with a number of agencies and individuals to provide evaluation services for their projects (primarily grant funded).
As a member of OBRE, the person in this position will primarily assist with the evaluation of the Arkansas Department of Education's newly funded Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) grant, Project AWARE (Advancing Wellness & Resiliency in Education). This person will also assist in the final year of OBRE's Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs of Children) Evaluation contract, as well as with a number of other OBRE projects that are primarily the result of OBRE/A-State Faculty partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with, and conducting, evaluations for OBRE, including Project AWARE and Project LAUNCH.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of additional projects for OBRE.
- Conduct evaluation planning, as well as carry out evaluation methods such as interviewing, focus groups, observations, and survey administration.
- Develop and manage databases (e.g., Excel, Statistical Package for the Social Sciences [SPSS]) for data entry, collation, and analysis, and will write and present evaluation reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
o Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
o Good public relations skills
o Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
o Working well in a collaborative, team environment
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
In applying for this position, candidates should upload the following:
1. A cover page indicating how the candidate meets each of the 3 minimum qualifications listed for this posting
2. A current resume
3. A listing of 3 references.
o An earned Bachelor's Degree
o Background in, or knowledge of, program evaluation
o Training or experience in statistics and data management
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.