Hyde Park Campus
3034102 Bus-Faculty And Educ Services
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
Research Professional works with microeconomics professors to collect data, maintain databases, conduct statistical analysis and provide other support associated with faculty research.
- Collects data, conducts complex statistical analysis, writes statistical software programs, and organizes the presentation of results.
- Creates charts, tables, and descriptive text for presentations.
- Maintains databases, reviews background materials, and performs preliminary research.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required in a field relevant to the research being conducted by start date required, concentration in Economics preferred.
- A minimum of one year of relevant research experience required. Experience gained in school counts towards this requirement.
- Experience with Stata or another statistical package such as SAS, R, or SPSS and a willingness to learn Stata preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent and professional verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills and attention to detail, required.
- Ability to work well independently, with others, and to meet deadlines under pressure is required.
- Ability to interact with faculty, students, and staff successfully required.
- Cover letter
- Complete postsecondary transcripts are required to be considered for this position (unofficial transcripts may be submitted)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/