Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Budget Specialist is responsible for preparing, monitoring, and maintaining program operating budgets and/or biennial budgets. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing overall student and employee account collections.
- Establish and monitor business practices and customer service processes within the collections area.
- Works with collection agency representatives to manage ongoing collection efforts.
- Submits outstanding collections to the State of Arkansas state income tax refund setoff program for potential recoveries.
- Handles electronic billing through TouchNet and paper billing for all student accounts.
- Assists and counsels students as needed by phone or in person with account questions, payment plans, and other information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, and state budget and accounting procedures.
Ability to prepare and present oral and written financial information and reports, research and analyze programs and fiscal records, determine needs, and make recommendations, and interpret and apply budgetary and fiscal policies and procedures.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please attach a resume to your application
The formal education equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
One (1) year of experience involving accounting and budgetary activities.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.