Position Number: 10042633
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 12/17/2018
Salary Minimum: $50,957
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Associate Bursar on the Dahlonega campus. The Associate Bursar will be the Business Office daily operations supervisor. Point of contact for escalated student account issue resolution. Responsible for Banner/PeopleSoft close-out and reconciliation and student refunds. Directly supervises Cashiers, Loans & Collections Specialist and Accountant II in the Dahlonega Business Office and serves as a resource for other campuses as needed. Provides account review and customer service as necessary.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Associate Bursar will:
- Banner process and Banner/PeopleSoft reconciliation of student Accounts Receivable, Deposits and Banner Clearing Accounts, Prepare reports for BOR and auditors
- Process student refunds - including verification of validity of refund, confirm student refund preference status, balance refund totals, prepare wire transfer requests, transmit secure refund file to third-party vendor
- Supervise daily operations of Cashiers, Loans & Collections Specialist and Accountant II
- Provide customer service/account review to students, parents, third parties and administration and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of BANNER
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials
- Familiarity with Financial Aid functions and processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with students, staff and faculty
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.This position will require a background check and a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Identify Verification: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.