Postdoc Series - Open Ranks
Open July 23rd, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
Open Positions: Postdoc Series
Postdoc Series positions are are occasionally available throughout the year in the Department of Physiology & Biophysics at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Applications are sought from candidates with Ph. D or M.D. degree with a strong laboratory research background, publications, and specialized training in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, or related fields. This is an ongoing recruitment. Positions are dependent on extramural funding. Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal will be dependent on availability of support. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For more information about our faculty:.
• Geoffrey Abbott, Professor
Research interests: Ion channel, KCNE, molecular pharmacology, epithelial biology, cardiac arrhythmia
• Kevin Beier, Assistant Professor
Research interests: Circuit and Behavioral Neuroscience, neurodevelopmental pathology
• Amanda Burkhardt, Assistant Adjunct Professor
Research interests: Immunology, Chemokines, Vaccines, Translational Immunology
• Michael D. Cahalan, Distinguished Professor and Department Chair
Research interests: Ion channels, calcium signaling, and cell interaction dynamics in the immune system.
• Phil Felgner, Adjunct Professor
Research interests: Vaccines, Gene Therapy, Drug Delivery, Liposomes, Biophysics, Protein Microarray, Epidemiology
• J. Jay Gargus, Professor and Director of Center for Autism Research and Translation
Research interests: functional genomics; molecular pathophysiology of ion pumps, channels, and signaling.
• Milton Greenberg, Assistant Adjunct Professor/MedEd-Immunology Course Director
Research interests: Medical Physiology Instruction
• Todd C. Holmes, Professor and Department Vice Chair
Research interests: ion channels, cellular physiology, neural circuits and behavior; circadian and visual circuits.
• Lan Huang, Professor
Research interests: Proteomics / mass spectrometry; protein modifications and interaction: proteasomes.
• Rongsheng Jin, Professor
Research interests: Structure and function of synaptic proteins; neurotoxins and receptors; protein complexes.
• Devon Lawson, Assistant Professor
Research interests: Cancer, stem cells, genomics, intratumor heterogenity, metastasis, systems biology
• Medha Pathak, Assistant Professor
Research interests: Piezo1, ion channels, stem cells, neural stem cells, differentiation, development, mechanical forces, matrix, environment.
• Eric Pearlman, Chancellor's Professor and Director of Institute for Immunology
Research interests: Innate immunity, bacterial infections, fungal infections, neutrophils, cornea, eye.
• Hamid M. Said Distinguished Professor
Research interests: Membrane transport and intracellular trafficking mechanisms; vitamin transport.
• Francesco Tombola, Associate Professor
Research interests: Electrical and chemical sensing in excitable cells, VSD-containing ion channels and enzymes.
• Armando Villalta, Assistant Professor
Research interests: Immune cell and organ system interactions that promote tissue injury and repair.
• Qin Yang, Associate Professor
Research interests: Epigenetic regulation of insulin resistance and energy expenditure in obesity and type 2 diabetes. Research Interests: ion channel, KCNE, molecular pharmacology, epithelial biology, cardiac arrhythmia
• Albert Zlotnik, Chancellor's Professor and Graduate Faculty Advisor
Research interests: Chemokines, cancer metastasis, genearray analysis of human diseases and bioinformatics in immunology.
• James E. Hall (Recall Faculty)
Research interests: Aquaporins in the lens; amyloid oligomers in Alzheimer's disease.
• Stephen H. White (Recall Faculty)
Research interests: Structure of membranes and lipid bilayers; peptide-bilayer interactions; protein folding.
Please apply at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04836
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://physiology.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet.
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly interests. (Optional)
- PDF's of 3-5 most impactful publications (Optional)
- 3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now