Adjunct Faculty – Communication Studies
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Faculty – Communication StudiesDepartmentCommunication and Human Studies-Communication Studies and TheatrePosting Number00617PLocationLoudoun, VA - 20164Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range $782- $851 Position Summary Information Basic Function
The Communication Studies and Theatre Department at Northern Virginia Community College’s Loudoun Campus is seeking qualified candidates with demonstrated instructional skills in the field of Communication Studies.Duties and ResponsibilitiesMinimum Qualifications
- a Master’s Degree with 18+ hours in Communication Studies coursework (interpersonal communication, group communication, public speaking, rhetorical studies, organizational communication, intercultural communication)
- displayed teaching experiencePreferred Qualifications
- a Master’s Degree in Communication, Communication Studies, Speech, or Speech Communication with 18+ hours in Communication Studies coursework
- displayed teaching experience in Communication Studies or related disciplines at the college level
- experience teaching introductory communication and public-speaking classes
The indicated salary is per credit hour.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters Degree?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document