Adjunct Faculty – Communication Studies
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Adjunct Faculty – Communication Studies Department Communication and Human Studies-Communication Studies and Theatre Posting Number 00617P Location Loudoun, VA - 20164 Full or Part Time Part-Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $782- $851 Position Summary Information Basic Function
The Communication Studies and Theatre Department at Northern Virginia Community College’s Loudoun Campus is seeking qualified candidates with demonstrated instructional skills in the field of Communication Studies.Duties and Responsibilities Minimum Qualifications
- a Master’s Degree with 18+ hours in Communication Studies coursework (interpersonal communication, group communication, public speaking, rhetorical studies, organizational communication, intercultural communication)
- displayed teaching experiencePreferred Qualifications
- a Master’s Degree in Communication, Communication Studies, Speech, or Speech Communication with 18+ hours in Communication Studies coursework
- displayed teaching experience in Communication Studies or related disciplines at the college level
- experience teaching introductory communication and public-speaking classes
The indicated salary is per credit hour.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters Degree?
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document