Medical Product Development Part-Time Online Course Instructors
Open date: October 3rd, 2018
Next review date: October 18th, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: October 3rd, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Online teaching positions are now available within the Life Science Programs for Medical Product Development. We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and/or teaching experience in the topic areas of:
• Process Validation for Medical Product Development
• Medical Device Design and Evaluation
• Post-Market Regulations for Medical Devices
• Human Factors for Device Development
• Design Control for Medical Devices
• Statistics for non-statisticians
Specific Instructor Duties
• Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education (DCE), Engineering, Sciences, and Life Science Program Director as assigned using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format (online)
• Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
• Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
• Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system within their instructor accounts in a timely manner no later than 2 weeks after the last date of course meeting
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
• Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: Initial training of Canvas learning system; providing bio for website; completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabus; and signing quarterly contract.
• Develop and maintain curriculum, syllabus, modules, learning practice questions, exams and grading.
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the online classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
• Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
• Design interactive and motivational online classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning (i.e.: design boards for labs, etc.)
• Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students' work environments.
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, they refer to the "pool" of applications on file. We are looking specifically for instructors who are qualified to teach the following course as early as SPRING 2019 (beginning April 1st 2019).
Process Validation for Medical Product Development (3 units)
Enhance your understanding of process validation and how it is applied to the development of medical products. Learn how to assess an appropriate level of process scrutiny to provide a high level of confidence for process validation. Increase your knowledge of validation project management; basic approach to process validation; validation criteria for facilities and utilities; sterilization; controls, automated processes, and computer systems. Case studies illustrate how critical processes are validated in the development of cardiovascular, ophthalmic, and intravenous devices.
Medical Device Design and Evaluation (3 units)
Explore the opportunities and need for medical devices through the examination of mortality and morbidity with special attention to medical problems that affect patients' productivity. A market and need-driven systems engineering approach is applied to the examination of medical device design. The designs of medical devices are then studied through a layered approach of examining the underlying physiological mechanisms, the applicable biomedical sensors and actuators as well as the control processing power requirements. Exemplary medical device solutions are studied.
To apply for this position, please click this link:
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Online
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- 3 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now