Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Content Tutor Department Learning and Technology Resources- Posting Number 02621P Location Springfield, VA: 22150 Full or Part Time Part-Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $12.00 - $18.00 per hour Position Summary Information Basic Function
Cooperatively tutor students with various healthcare subjects including but not limited to math, sciences, and writing (as feasible) through instruction and implementing study skills.Duties and Responsibilities
Provide face-to-face and/or online tutoring assistance to students as needed one-on-one and/or in a group format.Minimum Qualifications
Associate’s Degree (or current degree pursuance) in Math or Health Science (or related field) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Previous tutoring experience
- Previous experience working in higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of a specific academic area (“A” or “B” grade in the subject(s) in which they wish to tutor).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Knowledge of various learning preferences
Please note that the hiring manger requests the following documents with this completed application: resume, unofficial transcript(s)
Optionally, please provide a copy of any applicable occupational licensure.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you consistently offer a minimum of three hours of tutoring availability on a weekly basis?
- * Please list any or all academic subject areas that you feel qualified to tutor NOVA Medical Education Campus students?
(Open Ended Question)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document