Adjunct - Dietetics - AN
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct - Dietetics - ANDepartmentBusiness and Public Services--DieteticsPosting Number02497PLocationAnnandale, VA: 22003Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredNoSalary Rangecommensurate per rank per VCCS criteria Position Summary Information Basic Function
Teach Dietetics (DIT 121) at the Annandale
campus of Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) during daytime hours.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or a closely related teaching field, or Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in a
closely related teaching field.
Master’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or a
closely related teaching field, and college level teaching experience, and relevant occupational experience; Registered dietitian with either RD or RDN certification; Experience with Blackboard or other learning management system.
•Adept knowledge of instructional technologies
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written English skills
•Ability to work with a diverse student population
•Successful passing of a criminal background check
•Adjunct faculty are required to meet assigned classes on meeting dates, submit required grade records and reports, student learning outcomes.
The incumbent will have a Fall 2018 start date.
Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is required.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. Instruction for this position will be during daytime hours.
The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.
Only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered. Responses to supplemental questions must be verifiable in your application and resume. Providing false or inaccurate answers to supplemental questions will result in the immediate disqualification of your application.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or a closely related teaching field, or Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in a closely related teaching field?
- * Are you a registered dietitian, either RD or RDN?
- * Are you available to teach daytime hours?
- * Do you have experience with a diverse student population?
- * Please briefly describe your experience with learning management systems, such as Blackboard.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your teaching experience? List all that apply from the following examples: High School / TA / tutoring, Community College, Four-year college, Graduate school, No teaching experience
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3