Adjunct - Business Statistics - AN
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct - Business Statistics - ANDepartmentBusiness and Public Services-Posting Number02498PLocationAnnandale, VA: 22003Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredNoSalary Rangecommensurate per rank per VCCS criteria Position Summary Information Basic Function
Teach business statistics courses at the Annandale campus of Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) during daytime hours.Duties and Responsibilities
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. For this course instruction will be during daytime hours.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s degree in Business Administration, or Business Management, or a closely related teaching field, or Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in BUSINESS STATISTICS; Two years of related experience.Preferred Qualifications
Teaching experience at the college or high school level in BUSINESS STATISTICS; Experience with Blackboard, or other learning management system.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•Adept knowledge of instructional technologies
•Excellent interpersonal and native or near-native oral and written English skills
•Ability to work with a diverse student population
•Successful passing of a criminal background check
•Adjunct faculty are required to meet assigned classes on meeting dates,
submit required grade records and reports, student learning outcomes.
Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is required.
The incumbent will have a Fall 2018 start date.
Adjunct faculty are employed to teach up to 12 credit hours in the fall and spring
semester and/or up to 8 credit hours during summer session. Teaching load is
based upon student enrollment and staffing needs. Instruction for this position will be during daytime hours.
The adjunct faculty appointment contains no guarantee of continued employment.
Only information provided at the time of the application submission will be
considered. Responses to supplemental questions must be verifiable in your
application and resume. Providing false or inaccurate answers to supplemental
questions will result in the immediate disqualification of your application.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.Additional InformationSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management, or a closely related teaching field, or a Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in business statistics?
- * How many years of experience do you have in business management, or business administration, or teaching courses in the subject area?
- Less than 2 years
- 2 years or more
- * Please list all levels of business statistics courses that you have experience teaching from the following: HS/community college/university/Not Applicable
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with a diverse student population?
- * Describe your experience using instructional technology.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach daytime hours?
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered whendetermining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3