Data Coordinator - Biostatistics and Data Management Core Unit, Human Nutrition Research Center on
Data Coordinator - Biostatistics and Data Management Core Unit, Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging-18001858
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (HNRCA) is one of six USDA human research centers created by Congress to study the effects of human nutrition on health. The HNRCA is the site for conducting some of the most advanced research in the world on the relationship between nutrition and the aging process. The Biostatistics and Data Management Core is one of the HNRCA core service units. The core unit consults and assists in study design, implementation, and data analysis/management and develops new statistical techniques and software to support HNRCA research activities. Scientists confer with the unit in the early stages of a study to discuss project goals, available resources, accepted statistical, bioinformatics and data management practices, and the appropriate response variables and covariates for proper statistical analysis.
The major responsibilities of this position include support for HNRCA investigators in data management. The data management responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, helping provide training services and data management services to HNRCA investigators, staff, and trainees. Training services include workshops and training for labs, core units, and trainees on data management best practices, and in data sharing and retention policies. Data management services includes partnering with investigators and the HNRCA bioinformatics specialist and statistician to help develop, refine, and implement data collection and management plans; assist with on-going support for data entry, collection, quality control and data cleaning; and help develop plans for data close-out and codebooks, data sharing, and data retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or related field.
- Strong data management skills including the ability to handle and organize data from different sources, and perform QC.
- Knowledge of software and technology for data collection and data management.
- Experience with data management software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, good organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Project coordination.
- Programming skills (Preferably Python, R or SAS).
- Demonstrate proficiency in English language skills (reading ,writing, and speaking).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 1 or more years experience in data management and/or related work experience in an academia and/or research setting.
- Master’s degree in health sciences related field.
- Experience in writing data collection and management plans for grant applications and manuscripts.
- Must be willing and able to learn and use new software proficiently.
- Exceptional skills working with people of all backgrounds and willingness to work with collaborators inside and outside of Tufts University.
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills .
- Strong time management and ability to handle multiple projects, organize work, and set priorities to meet deadlines while working within prescribed time constraints.
- Confidentiality and discretion is essential.
- Ability to monitor trends and practices in data sharing and data retention and develop implementation plans for HNRCA investigators.
- Demonstrate a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Knowledge of federal data retention and sharing policies.
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, Clinical research, Clinical trial process and/or related regulatory requirements and terminology.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This position may occasionally require to work on nights and/or weekends as determined by need.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Core/Service Support-HNRC
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Dec 4, 2018, 1:55:07 PM