Public Safety Officer
Requisition Number S1677
Position Number 013687 & 004339
Position Classification Title Public Safety Officer (Metro)
Functional Title Public Safety Officer
Position Type Staff
Positions in this banded class perform law enforcement work at a University campus or other State facility. With full powers of arrest, positions enforce the laws of the State and the United States Government. Positions have law enforcement authority ranging fro traffic control to criminal investigations within a limited geographic jurisdiction. Work involves patrolling an assigned area for response to complaints or calls for detection of violations in the enforcement of State laws and applicable regulations. Duties include apprehending observed violators committing offenses, investigating violations or complaints in order to asses and handle cases, collection and preservation of evidence and the chain of custody, testifying in court proceedings and performing related work. Positions may serve as a patrol officer, detective squad member, crime prevention officer, or in some police organizations as a lead officer on an assigned shift.
High school diploma or equivalency. Certification as a Law Enforcement Officer in accordance with the provisions of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission or the ability to achieve certification within one year of employment.
Note: This is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential work functions per ADA. Examples of competencies are primarily those of the majority of positions in this class, but may not be applicable to all positions.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $36,239 - $46,411
Org #-Department Public Safety & Police - 57001
Work Hours of Position 6:30am to 6:30pm OR 6:30pm to 6:30am
Job Family Law Enforcement & Public Safety
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 12/01/2018
Close Date 12/08/2018
Job Close Date
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Do you currently possess Basic Law Enforcement certification?
- * Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- No Answer
- UNCG Website
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu