Director, Professional Programs
Director, Professional Programs
Job Number: 81358
Job Code: 4113Job Grade: K
The Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD), part of the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL) is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to maintain and strengthen its leading position in lifelong and online learning. The position will lead, manage and drive a robust educational portfolio of professional programs delivered online and in person. In this fast-paced environment, the successful candidate should have an entrepreneurial mindset that is driven by a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to a variety of stakeholders inside the organization and across all seven schools at Stanford. The candidate must possess strong business acumen, exceptional communication and collaboration skills, background in training or education, and have the ability to lead and motivate people to success. We are looking for an individual, who will contribute new ideas and approaches to improve and reimagine the professional programs portfolio. The role will direct a team that will: manage program operations, track customer feedback and financial results, work closely with faculty to develop new offerings, conduct market analysis, and manage new program development. The team will also interface closely with SCPD personnel responsible for marketing, customer service and support, finances, instructional design, and course production.
This is a wonderful department that works well as a team! If you are looking for a position in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
SCPD website: http://scpd.stanford.edu/
The Director's primary goals are:
In doing so, the Director must possess a passion for the educational mission and values of Stanford University and the VPTL.
- Lead and oversee development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of programs. Oversee analysis, reporting, and program improvements. Oversee the development, adherence to, and implementation of program policies and procedures.
- Lead strategic planning for the program/entity.
- Represent the entity or program to the broader university, external community, and other stakeholders. Provide expert consultation related to program development, funding opportunities, or other specialty area.
- Develop outreach strategy related to program communications, development, partnerships and fundraising/funding. Identify external funding opportunities and write proposals and research grants. Develop and oversee strategic financial planning and sustainability for the program/entity, as needed; monitor performance and ensure appropriate controls.
- May teach or co-teach courses; oversee the administration of courses; create and/or advise in the development of curriculum; and/or advise students, coach and mentor clients and program staff.
- Coach and mentor program staff.
Education & Experience:
Advanced degree and five years of relevant experience in area of specialization or combination of relevant education, training, and/or experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency