Associate Director- International Student & Scholarship Services
Job Purpose: Manage services, programs, policies and procedures related to serving the Institute's undergraduate and graduate international F student visa holders. Support the Institute community by understanding and responding to the unique needs of international students by serving as a liaison with academic and administrative units. Provide leadership to support the administration of the Exchange Visitor student and scholar programs. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Develop and administer the internal policies and procedures for F student advising.
- Manage the daily activities associated with advising international students.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and conduct performance review of assigned staff.
- Serve as Principle Designated School Official which requires oversight of the GT Language Institute I-17 compliance and serving as an Alternate Responsible Officer.
- Support strategic planning, develop partnerships and conducting advocacy.
- Support the Institute community by understanding and responding to the unique needs of international students by serving as a liaison with academic and administrative units.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires expertise developing policies and procedures to support non-immigrant students and Exchange Visitor Programs, management skills, ability to communicate to diverse constituencies at all levels of an organization, specialized skills in advising university students and scholars from abroad on a broad range of academic related and community issues and on immigration regulations which apply to F and J visa holders using knowledge of foreign cultures, customer service skills, cross cultural communication skills, proficiency with basic office computer applications, student development knowledge, experience conducting assessment, and program management.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Affairs Administration, International Affairs, Business or related field
•Preferred Work Experience: N/A
•Preferred Certifications: N/A
•Preferred Skills: Experience with professional training development and facilitation, project, personnel, and operations management, intercultural communication, and federal regulatory interpretation and advising.
Additional Information: Must be a US citizen or permanent resident due to the nature of work . Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: department and unit management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: Georgia Tech academic and business units, foreign nationals and US government agencies. This position will supervise: assigned staff.