Director of Diversity and Inclusion Programs
Colorado State University’s Warner College of Natural Resources seeks a Director of Diversity and Inclusion to advance the College’s goals to enhance inclusive excellence and increase diversity in its programs. Increasing diversity and fostering an inclusive College culture and environment are among the College’s five primary strategic goals and the College fully embraces CSU’s Principles of Community. The successful candidate will play a key role in advancing the College’s vision and strategic plan, implementing existing diversity and inclusion initiatives, and leading and shaping future initiatives and programs. The position reports directly to the Dean of Warner College and will work closely with the College’s Executive Committee, Student Success Office, Communications Office, Development Office, Committees on Diversity and Inclusion, and faculty, students, and staff. This position is a part of a College-wide cluster hire for diversity and inclusion capacity. In addition to this position, two tenure-track faculty members are being hired to help advance the College’s strategic goals for diversity and inclusion.
- Play a leadership role in advancing Warner College’s strategic vision for diversity and inclusion and help evaluate and refine that vision for maximal impact.
- Implement and lead college-level initiatives related to diversity and inclusion and develop and lead new initiatives.
- Advise the Dean and College Executive Committee on issues related to diversity and inclusion.
- Work with the Dean and the Development staff to develop proposals and seek new funding for diversity and inclusion programs.
- Collaborate with faculty hired through Warner College’s diversity and inclusion cluster hire to advance Warner College’s strategic vision for diversity and inclusion.
- Represent Warner College externally and throughout the University as the College’s lead for diversity and inclusion activities.
- Collaborate with the College Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator and departmental Academic Success Coordinators to recruit students from under-represented groups into the College.
To apply and view a full announcement please visit http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/62366 by January 4, 2019 for full consideration. Salary range is $50,000 - $70,000 dependent upon experience.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Tiara Marshall, at [email protected]
Application materials consist of the following:
Cover letter addressing specifically:
- Your capacity in each of the preferred qualifications listed in the position description
- Your personal philosophies around diversity and inclusive excellence
- Specific examples of your experience leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and efforts
Contact information for three professional references
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.