Enrollment Analyst - Office of Graduate Education
The University of Denver is seeking an intelligent and independent thinker with strong quantitative abilities motivated by being an integral member of a collaborative team to the Office of Graduate Education. As an Enrollment Analyst, you will contribute directly to the University of Denver's mission to promote student success by providing the quantitative rationale to make effective, strategic decisions. You will enhance the existing data infrastructure and reporting systems to provide actionable business intelligence. Your work analyzing and visualizing data will support critical business processes and initiatives, including optimizing admissions decisions, strategically allocating financial aid to prospective students, enhancing the student experience with support services, testing the effectiveness of marketing communications, and facilitating long-term planning within the University of Denver's academic units. You will collaborate with the Office of Institutional Research as well as the academic units to define and identify opportunities to use data to improve the University's effectiveness.
- Enhance existing data infrastructure and reporting systems to provide actionable business intelligence
- Collaborate with other departments and teams within the University of Denver to identify and define opportunities to use University data to improve efficiency and effectiveness and maintain consistent and clean reports
- Collaborate with systems and IT personnel to develop and maintain quality assurance/quality control for integrated enrollment, communication, and marketing systems
- Develop, maintain, and improve upon analysis and predictive modeling system used to forecast new student enrollment and financial aid investment
- Write and execute data queries against university databases using SQL, Slate, and Tableau, Cognos.
- Use experimental design and A/B/n testing to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of new and existing marketing efforts
- Create, monitor, track, and report appropriate metrics on periodic basis.
- Work with key stakeholders on the University Data Governance Committee to develop/refine data and reporting standards for graduate enrollment and student services across campus
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support other stakeholders within the University
- Supports the Executive Director with business analyses and project development of administrative technology for the School's enrollment and student services departments and strategic planning
- Utilize the EMSI software to develop reports for market research to better assist the academic units in evaluating current programs and support new program proposals
- Facilitate trainings with staff and faculty across campus on how to create Slate reports and quality control the data
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years professional experience in data interpretation and presentation
- Proficiency with data analysis software and programming languages from use in academic coursework or professional setting (R, Python, SQL and/or equivalent)
- Strong experience with data analysis and using basic statistical techniques
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on quantitative skills (e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science)
- 4 years professional experience in data interpretation and presentation
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with Slate and or EMSI
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 4, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.