Part-time Research Assistant
The Research Assistant will work in the field and in the lab. The Research Assistant will provide support for research by conducting experiments, collecting and analyzing data and perform operational duties associated with food safety research. This is a seasonal (6-month) position in Agricultural Research in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology. The regular work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8a-5p.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the set-up, maintenance and harvest of field & greenhouse experiments and collection of data.
- Collect soil and plant samples and carry out laboratory analysis.
- Help maintain laboratory equipment and reagents in good condition for an efficient working laboratory.
- Data entry and analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in plant science or related field
- Experience with field research and proficiency in the use of SAS statistical analysis software is preferred.
- The position requires working on field and greenhouse which include lifting and carrying heavy samples.
- Occasionally the work will be in laboratory or climate controlled environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or sit for extended periods of time, lifting heavy objects (>20 pounds), performing repetitive tasks and driving farm vehicles.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.