Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator, this position is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, plumbing, general cleaning, and grounds maintenance).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preform all general maintenance requirements of assigned University/facilities in a geographic zone through work orders, preventative maintenance requirements, emergency calls, etc.
- Perform intermediate skilled work which can include; maintenance, repair, modification,
- Installation and construction, on one or more of the following maintenance work order: carpet and tile, filters, furniture, glass, locks, masonry, plasterer-painter, roofing and shades and blinds.
- Operate work truck and supervise accompanying personnel.
- Handle two-way communication with dispatch, other craftsman, supervisor and
- Communicate and coordinate work with other shop crews as necessary.
- Collaborate with school personnel regarding job requests and outcomes.
- Operate tools and equipment associated with the trade, as well as preparing them for
- Maintain accurate work order records and parts inventory. Maintain clean, safe and orderly work space.
- Evaluate equipment and initiates Inventory Control Form. Procure parts and services.
- Preform and Assist with work order assigned to include maintenance, carpet/tile, masonry, plumbing, electrical and civil work.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Performs other work related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to meet or exceed the University's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team or with minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of the common practices, tools, terminology and safety precautions of a trade.
- Some knowledge of the use and characteristics of common building materials.
- Ability to use and operate tools and machinery associate with trade; thorough knowledge of hazards.
- Working outdoors and in enclosed areas is required.
- Working in extreme heat or cold conditions on occasion.
- Some evening, night and weekend work as needed.
- Ability to push 50 pounds and lift 20 pounds. (Material handling)
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may
- Ability to work in extreme heat, cold and noisy areas.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.