- Plans, organizes and supervises the work of the shop through the development of schedules, assignment of work, inspections, ordering of equipment and supplies and providing for emergency response. Assists in the supervision of a staff of workers and participate in evaluating, counseling, disciplinary actions and makes recommendations on hiring and firing of employees. The type of work includes HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, kitchen equipment repair and other trades to the extent that a license is not required.
- Assist the foreman in the day to day operation of the shop by distributing work orders to the employees and follows up with the work order system to ensure that work orders are being completed on a timely basis and works with the employees to ensure that the work orders are being completed, filled in properly and turned in on a daily basis.
- Implements preventive maintenance programs that achieve the objective of decreasing reactive maintenance costs.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility by ensuring that equipment and supplies are inventoried and safeguarded, that materials and labor for the work performed are used effectively and efficiently, and that shop expenses do not exceed budgetary resources.
- Assists with the coordination of contacting contractors, to obtain pricing, schedules, etc. for special projects.
- Works with Foreman to develop, implement, and ensure employee compliance with operating and safety procedures and trains employees in proper work and safety techniques.
- In conjunction with the Foreman, maintains records as required to provide adequate information on systems, purchase orders and bids and estimates. Provides other reports and analyses as requested.
- Performs work at the highest level in his or her area of expertise.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Five years' experience in facility maintenance or specific trade.
- Experience in a facility maintenance environment.
- Knowledgeable working with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Please note, this position will also require a valid Colorado driver's license and insurable by the University of Denver's insurance carrier and a post-offer, pre-employment health screening.
- Pertinent license and/or certificate in specific trade.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Familiar working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software, including WebTMA or similar work order system.
- Experience in a University physical plant.
- varied, full-time, to include evenings, nights and weekends
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, occasionally in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, chemical exposure, confined spaces and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle of feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to lift up to 100 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) December 14, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Pre-Employment Physical, Drug Screen, Human Performance Evaluation and verification of employment and education.