LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II
- Design and conduct a variety of investigations in the planning,development and implementation of experimental procedures and specialized laboratory techniques in the analysis of materials under experimentation.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures, and devise and develop experimental techniques for tests and analyses. Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigator in determining specific experiments to be included in the research protocol and to discuss the interpretation of results.
- Prepare presentations and experimental summaries for review with the PI.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and instruct laboratory technicians, residents,interns, students or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Organize and develop lab protocols and SOPs. Maintain lab compliance and participate in audits.
- Organize lab meeting agendas, follow up with agenda task lists, and facilitate communication and coordination between lab members and scientific collaborators.
- Process biospecimens including blood and serum/plasma. Maintain and organize sample repositories.
- Determine and set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate laboratory equipment required for specific tests including daily quality control procedures.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
Flow cytometry, immunology, cell culture, molecular biology, PCR, immunoassay, ELISA, cell isolation, sample processing, FACS, DNA/RNA isolation
1215 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherdirectly related scientific field.
Work requires four years of research experience. A related master'sdegree may substitute for two years of the required experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.