Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm (Additional hours during peak times as needed)
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, VA Educational benefits, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Registrar's Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Registrar Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
*Processing readmit applications for all undergraduate former continuing students
* Updating and activating program/plans.
* Completing end of the semester and after census clean-up procedures
* Assisting with transcript re-evaluations for BAAS credit.
* Processing EIS/U.Achieve Discrepancy reports
* Assisting with graduation processes
* Assisting with transcript processes
* Answering phone calls and emails
* Keeping job procedures updated
* Supporting all areas of Registrar's Office as needed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess Associate's Degree and one year of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing.
* Ability to evaluate facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Basic MS Office skills.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation and basic math.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Able to change tasks quickly.
* Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and professional.
* Excellent Verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate services.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting