Police-Administration - 355400
The University of North Texas Health Science Center campus is located on 33 acres in the heart of Fort Worth's Cultural District.The University community has approximately 2500 students along with 1500 faculty and staff. The UNTHSC Police Department was founded in 1978. The agency is staffed by 24 full time employees. Our primary mission is maintaining a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. The Department maintains IACLEA accreditation.
Our goal at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is to operate as One University where we collaborate and advocate a safe and caring culture.
The Police Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Police Officer. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Enforcement of state laws, traffics laws, city ordinances, and University rules and regulations.
* Respond to calls for service in HSC service area.
* Provide building security. Operation of police vehicles and radio.
* Performance of crime prevention efforts and initiatives.
* Completion of police related paperwork and reports.
* Performance of foot patrol, bicycle patrol and vehicle patrol as appropriate.
* Perform dispatch functions as needed.
* Perform crash investigations and investigation of criminal incidents. * Maintain daily documentation for vehicles and monthly checklists.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* High school diploma/GED equivalent.
* Possess current TCOLE license.
* Must be 21 years of age.
* Possess valid Texas Driver's License or obtain within 30 days of employment.
* Physical ability to perform police officer (Law Enforcement) duties.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* 40 hours of college credit.
* Bilingual English/Spanish.
* Meet or exceed all police officer licensing requirements established by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
* Good moral character and ability to furnish acceptable character references.
* Understanding and willingness to abide by the Police Officer's Code of Ethics.
* Ability and willingness to work long or irregular hours, on various and changing shifts, sometimes under severe emotional stress and inclement weather.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant may submit a resume with the online application.
Commensurate with experience
Various 12 hour shifts
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Valid Texas Driver License, TCOLE Basic Peace Officer Certification
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled